I sort of turned this on it's head. I had a theme in mind and it worked better with the sentiment at the top and instead of layering the circle on top of the card, I cut a hole!
I last used the Chase Your Dreams stamp set at a Cards for the Men class and have been wanting to use it again.
I count myself very lucky because I had the opportunity to visit Australia last year. We didn't make it to Sydney because we were on the Gold Coast, Queensland which is some 930 km (578 miles) away. Probably not that far in terms of travel in Australia but far enough away for us not to attempt it during our 10 day visit.
Quick instructions on how I made the card are as follows:
- Cut a hole in a 10.0 x 14.4 cm piece of Soft Sky cardstock. I used a 2-11/16" (6.8 cm) Circle Die from the Layering Circles Framelits Dies.
- Stamp the image of the Sydney Opera House in Memento Black onto a piece of Watercolor Paper.
- Using an Aqua Painter and Pool Party, Soft Sky and Mint Macaron ink pads colour the image. Tip - if you squeeze the lid into the ink pad while it's still closed you can pick up ink from the inside of the lid.
- Leave the WaterColor Paper to dry.
- Apply some Clear Wink of Stella to the building.
- Add the Soft Sky cardstock over the watercolour paper so that the image can be seen through the aperture. I used Stampin' Dimensionals to fix the two together.
- Stamp the sentiment in Memento Black onto a 1.5 x 8.5 cm piece of Whisper White and then fix to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals and Multipurpose Glue.
- Fix the whole of the Soft Sky cardstock to the Thick Whisper White card base using Stampin' Dimensionals.
I hope you give the challenge a go this week. Just remember to keep it Clean & Simple.
If you'd like info on the products I used, please click on the pictures below.